Our clinic is equipped with an Alter-G® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®, a game changing, unique piece of equipment that allows you to push your training and physical therapy rehabilitation further than ever before.
How the Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill works
The Alter-G® Anti-Gravity Treadmill utilised NASA Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology to uniformly reduce gravitational load and body weight in precise 1% increments by way of a pressurised air chamber.
This enables patients and athletes to move unrestricted and pain-free – restoring and building muscle strength, range of motion, balance, function and fitness.
Who would benefit from the anti-gravity treadmill?
The anti-gravity treadmill can help support the recovery and health goals of a range of individuals including seniors and children.
- Athletes with lower body injuries
- Individuals with chronic pain or neurological conditions that inhibit mobility
- Clients looking to lose weight
- Athletes looking to enhance their performance goals
- Post-operative patients with mobility issues
- Anyone with lower limb-based issues such as tendinopathy, stress fractures, plantar fasciitis or fasciopathy, bunion surgery, meniscus-based injuries, ACLs
Benefit of the anti-gravity treadmill
- Accelerated return to sport, train without pain
- Reduces stress on muscles to fast-track your rehabilitation + recovery
- Improve mobility, strength + safety for those with neurological conditions
- Provide a safe way to lose weight + exercise more intensively
- Recover from training or competitions effectively with less pain
- Develops your confidence + ability to run or walk for longer + recover